San Diego Plastic Surgeon – Dr. Gary Manchester
A graduate of Harvard Medical School, Dr. Gary H. Manchester is board certified in plastic, reconstructive and general surgery. He served as an instructor at both Harvard Medical School and the University of Kansas. In addition, Dr. Manchester was instrumental in developing the plastic surgery unit at Green Hospital – Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, serving there as chief of plastic surgery for five years. Dr. Manchester also spent two years as chief of plastic surgery at the Donald Sharp Hospital. He has traveled and lectured extensively around the world and authored a number of scientific articles. Dr. Manchester is a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners, American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. In addition, he is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery and is an inspector for accreditation of the American Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers. As a highly regarded San Diego plastic surgeon, he is on the staff of Scripps Hospitals of La Jolla and Mercy, as well as a consultant to Sharp Memorial Hospital.
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire – B.A.
- Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts – M.D.
Post Graduate Training
- Surgical Intern, University of California Hospital, San Francisco
- Assistant Resident Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Senior Resident Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- Chief Resident Plastic Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas
- N.I.H. Research Fellowship, Biophysics and Cardiac Surgery, University of Chicago Medical School, Chicago, Illinois
- Teaching Fellow, Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners of U.S.A.
- Diplomat, American Board of Surgery
- Diplomat, American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASPRS)
- Associate, Royal Society of Medicine, London, England
Lecturer and Guest Professor
- Guest Lecturer, University of Kansas Medical Center; The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Los Angeles, California
- Guest Lecturer, University of Tennessee
- Guest Professor, University of Venezuela, Caracas; Diagnostic Institute and Hospital, San Juan de Dios
- Acting Chief section of Plastic Surgery, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, California
- Consultant, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation, La Jolla, California
- Medical Staff, Mercy Hospital, Donald N. Sharp Memorial Hospital, and Scripps Memorial Hospital, San Diego, California
- T.V. Consultant, Consultant in Plastic Surgery to ABC, NBC and CBS: 1983-Present
- T.V. Consultant, Channel 8 and 10 News
- Programming on Mini-Lift Plastic Surgery, Liposuction, Male Facelifting and Pediatric Plastic Surgery
- U.S. Army, Captain. Nominated for Bronze Star and Bronze Star with “V”
- District of Columbia
Dr. Gary H. Manchester is proud to offer an extensive array of advanced plastic surgery procedures. Some of the treatments his patients request more often include facelift and rhinoplasty in San Diego. In addition, Dr. Manchester has extensive experience helping San Diego breast augmentation, liposuction and tummy tuck patients achieve more proportionate body contours.